The United Democratic Alliance (UDA) held its by-elections on Thursday, April 15 in 36 counties.
The exercise was marred by violence and other allegations of vote-rigging by candidates.
In some places, the candidates almost punched each other while blaming each other for foul play and trying to steal.
Elsewhere, voters were stranded while waiting for ballot papers, which seemed to take a long time to get to the polling stations.
Regardless of the hiccups, the primaries were held peacefully in some regions.
Speaking to reporters on Thursday evening, Vice President William Ruto praised the UDA party for its official implementation of the exercise after just a few months of existence.
“I am a very proud member of UDA. Today we have shown that it is possible for a young party like UDA to hold credible, credible, democratic, free and fair elections despite the challenges it faces,” said Ruto.
- Wilson Sossision (lost bomet county senator)
- Caleb Kostany (lost Uasin Gishu county governor)
- Jackson Mandago (lost senator Uasin Gishu)
- Cate Waruguru (lost Laikipia East Constituency)
- Isaac Maura (lost in Ruiru)
- Joseph Boinett (lost Elgeyo Marakwet County governor)
- Peris Tobiko
Those who worn the nomination:
Bomet County UDA nomination results
- Senator: Hillary Sigei
- Women Repersebative: Linet Chepkorir
- Bomet Central Consitieuncy: Hon. Richard Kilel (winner)
Kajiado County UDA nomination resuts
- Governor: Hon. Ole Metito, Katoo (leading)
- Women Rep:
- Starehe constituency: Simon Mbugua (leading by wide margin)
- Kasarani Coinstituency: Hon John Njoroge Chege
- Mwiki Ward (MCA): Sam Kago
- Governor: Dr. Erick Mutai (leading)
- Kipkelion Constituency: Hilary Nyiganet Arap Kosgei
Baringo CountyGovernor: Benjamin Cheboi (winner)Senator: Oliver Kipchumba Karori (winner)Women Rep:Nakuru CountyNjoro Constituency: Charity Kathambi (winner)Kiambu County
- Governor: Kimani Wamatangi and Wainaina wa Jungle (results show that the two are neck to neck, no outright winner. Counting countinues)
- Women Rep:
- Gatundu North Constituency: Kigo Njenga
- Ruiru Constituency: Simon King’ara
- Juja Constituency: George Koimburi (winner, 6,790 votes)
Laikipia CountyLaikipia East Constituency: Hon. Ali, Amin Deddy MohamedNandi County
- Governor: Stephen Sang
- Senator: Kiprotich Cherargei
- Women Rep: Cynthia J Muge
Uasin Gishu CountyGovernor: Chelillim Jonathan Bii (leading, counting continues)Narok CountyEmurua Dikirr Constituency: Johana Ng’enoElgeyo Marakwet County
- Governor: Wisley Rotich
- Keiyo North constituency: Adams Kipsanai