CUE asks Sakaja to present His graduation photo and school Id
The University Education Commission (CUE) has summoned Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja to review his university degree certificate.
Professor Chacha Nyaigoti Chacha of CUE said the Commission wanted to determine how Sakaja graduated and whether he actually studied or not.
Chacha further noted that although Team University in Uganda is a recognized university, the number of complaints received by the CUE requires further investigation.
The CUE has confirmed that the investigation is ongoing and the Commission has written to Sakaja to provide the following information:
- His application for a course
- Letter of Joining the University
- Proof of registration, including student card
- Credit Collection and Transfer System (ATS)
- Course Description for Undergraduate Science in Management (External)
- Course units taken
- Exam times
- A graduation booklet with its name
- Receipt of application fees, tuition, graduation and placement, names of professors who taught him some courses, any contact with university staff (academic and administrative) about his university course, photograph of graduation wearing a gown, and Certification . loan hours required. Sakaja was asked to report to the Commission’s offices on Monday, June 20, bringing proof that he had studied at Team University and graduated in 2016. The Commission went on to say that it would not be intimidated by politicians or people in authority in reversing its decision or acting in violation of the law. “We would like to inform the public on June 6, 2022, the Nairobi County Senator; Mr Johnson Arthur Sakaja has submitted an application for recognition of his foreign degree (same day service). “The senator submitted the documents in accordance with the Standards of Recognition and Qualification Standards. On the same day, June 6, 2022, the Commission wrote to the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) Uganda,” read a CUE statement.