Seven of the eight family members in Apomu, in the Isokan local government area of Osun province in Nigeria, are believed to have died in their sleep on Tuesday.
It was concluded that a 14-year-old family member survived and is currently receiving treatment at a hospital in Apomu.
A shocking cause of death could not be ascertained at the time of filing this report, but it has been speculated that the family may have died because of carbon monoxide from the generator that was found in their home.
Osun State State Police Sp spokesman SP Yemisi Opalola confirmed the incident.
She said the cause of their death couldn’t be determined until an autopsy could be done on the corpse.
“One member rescued of the family of eight is still receiving medical treatment, while cause of death cannot be ascertained at this time.
“Their bodies were taken at to the OAU training hospital for examination at Oluyoro hospital , ” she added.