The BBI was declared unconstitutional ,null and void. This is because the process of initiating the BBI was unlawful.
Here are the reasons why the disappointment;
- The president outstretched his powers by proposing amendments outside his mandates
- The BBI steering committee was unconstitutional . It didn’t meet the IEBC quorum. The IEBC is body with a constitutional mandate to increase constituencies.
- The BBI did not avail enough copies of the Bill to the public.
- The president initiated the constitutional amendment bill . A popular amendment should be initiated by Wanjiku. The executive usurped the role of Wanjiku. The president, government or any state organ cannot initiate a popular initiative to amend the constitution.
- The constitutional amendment bill touched on the basis of the constitution. The process of initiating a constitution amendment should have followed the process of initiating referendum.
follow on Instagram @ ms_sambaza.